Department of Civil Engineering
Civil Engineering specialty is considered one of the oldest disciplines in engineering colleges at a global level due to the wide and different areas of work in this specialty. The work of civil engineer includes many engineering aspects such as design, construction and maintenance of various engineering structures such as buildings, bridges, roads, dams, water tanks, water systems, irrigation and sanitation. Also civil engineer has prominent role in the examination of the various construction materials, construction management of engineering projects, quantities calculations, cost studies, and finding solutions appropriate to the problems of soil and foundations. Furthermore, civil engineer need to propose and design the most appropriate construction method and participate actively in traffic studies, environmental studies and environmental impact assessment of various civil engineering projects.
Because Civil Engineering covers different areas and to achieve the objective of the department in graduating qualified engineers, a study plan was designed for the bachelor program in civil engineering to cover all aspects of civil engineering works.
Provide high-quality education in the field of civil engineering and participate actively in community service.
Graduation of qualified civil engineers capable to participate effectively in the sustainable development of their communities by providing high -quality engineering education, in addition to serving the local community by contributing in scientific research, exchange of knowledge, engineering consultancy, and professional activities.
- Providing students with basic scientific knowledge and educate them on the methods of using basic science principles to solve engineering problems.
- Providing a distinct engineering education that combines theory with practical knowledge by training students in the use of laboratory equipment to conduct the relevant tests related to civil engineering, in addition to field training.
- Development of analysis and design skills of students, including the ability to formulate engineering problems, and work in a team.
- Graduating qualified civil engineers capable to work successfully in all fields of civil engineering and are able to keep abreast of contemporary developments.
- Enhancing the understanding of the graduates of their future responsibilities and ethical as well as professional values.
- Participating in scientific research and employing it to serve the local community.